Reves Geryes Boustani Passenger Cruise Ship Death Aboard Pacific Sun Brawl

Reves Geryes Boustani, 31 – Brawl Injuries, Pacific Sun Passenger, August 7, 2007, Time of Death 1:30.

Time of Cruise Ship Death

Reves Geryes Boustani, 31, from Sydney, Australia, was aboard P & O Cruises’ Pacific Sun when a brawl broke out, he was sucker punched, later fell to the deck and died. Reports say Boustani had won the eight-night South Pacific cruise in a Sydney radio station 2GB contest, just as Australian Dianne Brimble had before her death aboard P & O Pacific Sky.

He took the cruise, which left Sydney on August 3, 2007, with his wife, and their 10-month-old child and were among a large extended family group.

While still on board, some passengers are saying there was a brawl. Sometime after that brawl, the man was found by another passenger in the early morning hours dead on the floor in a public restroom.

Passengers on board the ship say the man was definately involved in a brawl, and had asked security onboard the ship for help. They say. Two women ran into the ship’s Legends Bar about 1.30am screaming for help. Several passengers say the man took a “king-pin” hit during the brawl. Later, he was found dead in a public restroom on board.

One passenger said that about a dozen men had been doing shots of liquor and tension had been building before the brawl broke out. He claims that the men should have been cut off alcohol long before the brawl began.

The cruise line denies this account, saying a brawl never took place, but confirming that the man was found dead in a public area of the ship. They say the man “passed away”.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) says it is giving consular assistance to the man’s family. DFAT says it understands a “crime scene” has been established on the ship.

A NSW Police Force spokeswoman said police in Noumea in New Caledonia were investigating the matter.

The Pacific Sun had been scheduled to dock at Oueva in the Loyalty Islands, north of New Caledonia. The ship altered course to Noumea, New Caledonia, after the man’s death.

The ship left port at the Isle of Pines for Ouvea on Monday night and is due back in Sydney this Saturday.