Spencer Yu, 46 – Natural Causes, Mariner Of The Seas Passenger, October 24, 2009, Time of Death is unknown.
Spencer Yu, 46, a Los Angeles Warner Bros attorney, was aboard Royal Caribbean International’s Mariner Of The Seas on Saturday, October 24, 2009 when he collapsed while the ship was off Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Mariner Of The Seas, had been chartered by Atlantis Events for a 7-day gay cruise of the Mexican Riviera.
The ship embarked from Los Angeles, California on Sunday, October 18 with stops in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. The ship was at sea when Yu collapsed, on the way back to Los Angeles where it arrived on Sunday.
Yu was a board member of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation since 2006. Currently he was Regional Directory Of MarkMonitoring.
He had also been:
- Director of Business Development at Anchorfree.com
- Senior Account Executive / Consultant at Time Warner Telecom
- Field Service Manager / SME / Trainer /Project Manager at AT&T
- Specialist at Apple CLEC Specialist at DSL Networks
- Business Dept Supervisor at Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel
- Personal Banking Officer at Wells Fargo Bank
Yu was rushed off the ship after they had tried to revive him without success. He was taken Puerto Vallarta hospital where he was declared dead after no brain activity was found.
Yu’s surviving partner, Dan Neisen, has asked that donations be made to GLAAD’s Spencer Yu Memorial Fund in lieu of flowers